2021.09.28 12:32 Dave1962 Biden All But Admits He's Never Letting U.S. Return To Pre-COVID Normal. Herd immunity doesn't require vax levels anywhere near this high, so why is he ignoring science? Because this pandemic has never been about following the science, but about expanding government power over our lives.
|submitted by Dave1962 to NEWPOLITIC [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 Sirg_y Hiding chastity in public advice?
For context me (21M) and my boyfriend agreed I would be participating in locktober this year and I'm quite excited to see how it goes. I was just wondering if anybody had any advice on how best to hide a cage in public, or what kinds of clothing works best with wearing a cage in public. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
submitted by Sirg_y to BDSMAdvice [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 princeworth12 Is this a good guitar for a complete beginner?
I haven't played guitar hero since 2010 or even earlier so I'm completely out of the loop on everything surrounding guitar hero or clone hero. I found a second-hand Guitar Hero ''Legends of Rock'' guitar on a very credible site. I'm looking to play on my PC but it is the Wii version. Is there any type of dongle that is easily accessible for that? The price for the guitar is 35 euros. Thanks!
submitted by princeworth12 to CloneHero [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 letchluthor TP: Pull a few squares, rip and fold, or rip each square off the roll and stack? How do you do yours?
2021.09.28 12:32 SwoopDaEagle Morning Roundup: Back to the basics | PhiladelphiaEagles.com
|submitted by SwoopDaEagle to EaglesOfPhilly [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 MDBO789 Psychisches Wohlbefinden und Naturerfahrung
Wir sind ein deutsches Ärzteteam und nehmen aktuell an einer multizentrischen Studie zum Einfluss der Natur auf das psychische Wohlbefinden teil. Geleitet wird diese von Prof. Viren Swami, Sozialpsychologie in Cambridge. In der Vergangenheit hat er sich mit seiner Forschung intensiv dem Körperbild in verschiedenen kulturellen, ökonomischen und sozialpolitischen Kontexten gewidmet. Mit dieser Studie soll nun in aktuell 71 Ländern erkundet werde, inwiefern das Erleben der Natur Einfluss auf das psychische Wohlbefinden hat und in welchem Ausmaß dieser Zusammenhang abhängig von den soziokulturellen Umständen ist.
Wir betreuen dabei den primär deutschsprachigen Raum. Um ein repräsentatives Ergebnis zu erhalten sind mindestens 300 Teilnehmer aus Deutschland notwendig. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn sich Leute aus diesem Subreddit finden, die teilnehmen. Es gibt auch einen Amazon-Gutschein zu gewinnen, aber die Motivation sollte im Idealfall intrinsischer Natur sein. Vielleicht regt der Fragebogen auch zur Selbstreflexion an.
Das Ausfüllen dauert etwa 10 Minuten. Die Daten werden anonymisiert und vertraulich behandelt. Ein Zurückziehen der Teilnahme ist selbstverständlich ohne Begründung jederzeit möglich.
Hier geht es zur Umfrage: https://www.surveymonkey.de/CSGCF2N
Vielen Dank an alle, die teilnehmen!
submitted by MDBO789 to FragReddit [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 livingdeaddrina Is it weird if I email a professor to ask if i could come to class during her other section on a different day?
So basically, I'm supposed to have a chemistry lab in 2 hours. Only problem is, I've been awake for over 36 hours right now (and I don't sleep much to begin with since I work the night shift), like to the point where I wouldn't feel comfortable driving if I had to. Would it be weird for me to email my prof and ask if I can come do the lab during her Thursday section instead?? It's the same class and everything, just on a different day. I am just panicking about it because I've never emailed a prof about my problems before, normally I'd just skip class but I really need to pass this one. But is it weird to ask? Is it rude?? I'm panicking
submitted by livingdeaddrina to TooAfraidToAsk [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 TDancer10973 Elton John Performs 'Your Song' From Paris | Global Citizen Concert - YouTube
2021.09.28 12:32 Scared_Wallaby5662 2 Jester Capes On 8 Beg Clue KC
|submitted by Scared_Wallaby5662 to W385 [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 Tessia0710 Where to read Hello Mr. King - Chapter 132 - University Students’ Film Festival online for free!!
|submitted by Tessia0710 to Octopii_Novels [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 IsmailAntar Patch Notes
2021.09.28 12:32 StarsAtLadakh India “mother of democracy”: A social media rage cuts to size a WSJ (Wall Street Journal) writer’s abusive rant
|submitted by StarsAtLadakh to indianews [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 JezzaBazza Extreme fatigue after first Pfizer vaccine
My mum got the Pfizer vaccine a few weeks back and afterwards she feels extremely everyday since, and sleeps about 5 extra hours during the day. She is 50 years old and does not have any other health condition as far as we are aware of. I was hoping that someone here can give some advice
submitted by JezzaBazza to Vaccine [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 NewsElfForEnterprise iPower Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021 Results
|submitted by NewsElfForEnterprise to News_Utility [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 Professional_Mode_25 Haunted/ Cursed Apartment
So I moved into this apartment with my wife back in October 2020. The flat was blocked from both side and only one side was open to east side. No cross ventilation. I could feel energies are blocked there. I was a overconfident person who being a devout Hindu had experienced god's love and protection many times. So felt to move in just because it was convenient.
First few weeks were kind of ok but after few days we started noticing problems. For starters when we came from outside there was a stench, kind of like poop and rotten food. We are fierce about cleanliness. Then for some reason shower stopped working and no hot water for days. Repairs took 3 days. Then I noticed my work was being affected like simple things were taking way too much time. Our sleep was being disturbed for no reason. Never slept well in that house. Lots of financial losses, we even got covid. My wife could not get job even though she had years of experience Surprisingly got a double pay job in 20 days when she went to meet her mother in other town. That place was a disaster. Final nail was when my wife saw some creepy shadow in washroom. I consulted a tarrot medium to understand what was going on as I am religious hindu and do pooja every day. Medium told the Southwest entrance door was bringing evil spirits into your house. Remidies she gave did not work at all. Finally moved out of the place after a business loss of 5K USD, and now life seems to come back to normal.
So I believe the place we live in had tremendous impact on our lives. Its not just the food , health or family members.
submitted by Professional_Mode_25 to Paranormal [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 BanksyOfRussia Держи, это тебе!
|submitted by BanksyOfRussia to Pikabu [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 rubenalamina The Division 2 Weekly Vendor Reset 28/09/2021
Hi there fellow agents. Here's the latest vendor reset information for The Division 2.
See you next Tuesday.
Items on Sale
I added a resources section with a map with 30+ locations to find the Snitch and a link to the datamined gear attribute sheet.
She will open for 24 hours and will close to relocate for 32 hours. These are her open times:
Wiki Page The link for the current weekly thread and the vendor items list is always available in the Vendor Reset Page in the community resources. You can find it in the top navigation menu of the subreddit. If you're on mobile, it will be on the sidebar.
The Division 1 Reset
submitted by rubenalamina to thedivision [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 InciteThePremises What is a gadget/item/hack that you can't live without?
2021.09.28 12:32 BenSFletcher_ There is so much wrong with Harry Potter
None of you will know who I am, but I'm a U.K. based comedian and writer who today has a new book out called "A Biologically Male Magical White Kid: and the Book You Thought You’d Already Read" - it's a parody of the first Harry Potter book (definitely not a tribute) and while it certainly mocks the series, it also called Rowling out on a lot of things.
I'm not here to plug a book, though, rather, writing it gave me the opportunity to create quite a thorough list of really messed up stuff she's done or written, and I'd like to share it with you all now. Some of it you may know about already, other things might be new (I had to read that book way too much).
So, here goes:
1) In the Philosopher's Stone, Rowling writes two instances of sexual harassment, both in a way that makes it sound humorous and normal. One of these is against a teacher by a drunk member of staff, but the other is against an eleven-year-old girl.
2) The goblin characters appearing across the whole series are all depicted as having characteristics often negatively attributed to the Jewish community. This includes; a nature of secrecy, greed, untrustworthiness, and segregation from the rest of society; an ugly appearance with hooked noses; being in control of other’s money and wealth; and a general dislike towards the goblins by the rest of the characters appearing in the series.
3) Rowling decides to give the primary antagonist of the Philosopher's Stone a speech impediment in the form of a stutter. But, of course, he only suffers from it when he's trying to hide something rather than it actually being a form of representation. Rowling also gives him a turban, despite being white and British, because apparently turbans are the go to thing to depict someone as being evil? Oh, and they never thought to change it for the film, even though it came out just after 9/11 when there was a well documented increase in xenophobic anti-Muslim and anti-Middle East abuse, hate, and rhetoric at the time.
4) The amount of body shaming across that series is ridiculous. Also hard not to notice how Rowling often writes it as justification for one character to bully another.
5) For some reason, for the film they decided to make the Irish character (you know, the one with the overly stereotypical Irish name) the only character who makes things blow up in a story set during the height of The Troubles in Northern Ireland.
6) For the sixth film they decided to recast the role of Lavender Brown (previously played by two black actresses) to now be played by a white actress, of course, this coincides with when the role becomes much more prominent.
7) There's not a single character openly identifying as LGBTQ+ and only one character who's disabled (but they're only introduced in the fourth book and play a minor role after that). There is a Jewish character, but she only announced that after the books and films were out.
8) Cho Chang not only has a stereotypically Asian name, but it's a name from the wrong Asian country for where Rowling wrote her as being from. She's also a pretty minor character relegated to only being a love interest.
9) There's more than one similarity between Harry Potter and The Worst Witch, a series published 23 years before the Philosopher's Stone. Rowling's line "to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure" also sounds awfully similar to J.M. Barrie's "to die would be an awfully big adventure" from Peter Pan.
10) There is a lot of sexism in that series, all reinforced with stereotypes, starting in the first chapter of the first book with how Rowling decides to describe a man by his job and contribution to society, but his wife immediately by her appearance.
11) Rowling also often writes family dynamics as the father going out to work and speaking for the family, and the mother a stay-at-home housewife who doesn't make many decisions and is often relegated to being silent.
12) In the Philosopher's Stone, both Hermione and Neville attempt to stop people going out at night. When Hermione does it, it's described as "interfering" and "annoying", but when it's Neville, he's made out to be a hero who was "standing up to friends" and gets rewarded for it.
13) Hermione is clearly much more talented than Harry, but she never gets to take the lead, instead being relegated to a supporting role. In the first book, Rowling actually writes her downplaying her own achievements and talents to big up the white male hero (even though Harry performs considerably less magic in the book and not a single spell in the film).
14) Hermione is consistently described as "bossy", "insufferable", and a "know-it-all", rather than an intelligent an ambitious person who just wants to do well in life.
15) Rowling excludes titles for two women at Hogwarts, first for Madam Hooch, who, despite being a teacher is never called professor, and second for Madam Pomfrey, who is never referred to as doctor or whatever Rowling calls them later on.
16) There are very few women as teachers or in any position of power or authority, and a clear imbalance that exists across the series with the number of women compared to men when looking at characters who are most important to the narrative.
17) Rowling's continued support for Johnny Depp is well known, but it's notable that even when they finally had to do something, they only asked him to leave rather than fired him.
18) In March 2016, Rowling culturally appropriated factual Native American history for her own use in expanding a fictional world, doing so in a way that was both deeply offensive and ignorant, playing into stereotypes, and not only giving the impression that Native American cultural beliefs are actually part of her fictional world rather than factual history, but doing so in a way that deeply misrepresents the nature of the culture. She never responded to criticism or apologised for doing this.
19) Rowling introduces slavery and forced labour to children in a really messed up way. Only one character ever takes any meaningful stance against house elves being slaves, while the majority of other characters — including many who are otherwise depicted as wise and caring — often overlook the matter in favour of their lives being made easier. The whole thing almost implies it isn’t an issue, so long as the privileged benefit and those forced to work are themselves conditioned to be content with the situation.
20) There's a lot of contradictions, including the one about an immortal guy dying.
21) There's some deeply disturbing plot points, including the whole relationship between Harry and Dumbledore in which the kind, loving and wise headmaster literally manipulates a child into doing something that will take his life.
22) The whole character of Snape is messed up. He's made out to be a hero even though he goes out his way to make other's lives miserable and once supported a mass murderer (after he was rejected by Harry's mother, of course). The books make it sound like it was her fault he went evil.
23) Harry runs off with a strange and mysterious man who appears in the middle of the night and promises money and a better life.
24) There's so much class, gender, race, and other offensive stereotyping, along with deep rooted prejudices towards certain groups, and an implication — whether consciously or not — that such stereotyping and prejudices are acceptable and justified in some circumstances.
25) The whole situation with Rowling announcing that Dumbledore is gay, especially some of her comments in response to criticism that sound very much like she's implying those with criticisms are acting childishly, aggressive, or almost entitled.
26) Rowling transphobia and how it sounds incredibly hypocritical when considering she chose to use a male pseudonym for some of her books. She says it's a coincidence, but if you Google that name, the first page also comes up with the well known American psychiatrist who thought mental illness was the result of genetic defect and undertook controversial work with regard to shock conversion therapy.
27) Rowling's continued threats against Twitter users for expressing an opinion or even quoting her, and the threat against a Children's website for reporting what others were saying - all pretty hypocritical from someone who last year signed an open letter promoting free speech.
If I've missed anything, do let me know and I'll note it down for if I ever decide to parody the second book as well.
submitted by BenSFletcher_ to EnoughJKRowling [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 arax3450 Today is my 24th birthday.. I will
The fact that I don't care anymore is freaking me out.. I've made a lot of friendships with girls before.. When I was 19 i met this girl that was in college with me. Coincidentally we had the exact same classes at the exact same time throughout the whole year.. so being the dumb idiot that I am, I fell in love with her.. only to make an aggressive move after two years of being "bestfriends" (aggressive meaning throwing the L word out of nowhere to her; I was on a lot of pills lol) but I was madly in love with her.. after that she got scared and literally took her purse and left.. I woke up the next day and remembered what I've done.. I tried to text her thinking "she's my bestfriend it can't be that bad". l text her only to find out that she blocked me on all social media.. everything.. I called her on her cell she sent me cellular text telling me to stay away... I was heartbroken and never had any close relationship with a girl after that (neither friendships or romantic relationships) Fast forward to my 23rd birthday.. out of nowhere she texts me.. I thought I was totally over her until I saw her fucking name on my screen.. picture and everything.. We spoke for a while and it felt reaaaaally good to talk to her.. we laughed , I was so happy and wanted to ask her out but before I did, she asked me out.. I was stoked!! I've been waiting for this for about two years!!! I go out with her to meet, I get myself ready for the big day. Go to the restaurant we were gonna meet at. She comes in all beautiful and perfect, comes to the table and says hi like normal people do. I see her, we hug I say hey how are you bla bla .. AND BOOM! My first (of what turned out to be many) panic attack on the spot..
we're talking sweating UNCONTROLLABLY.. red face heavey breathing.. stuttering.. trembling.. THE WHOLE FUCKING PACKAGE!
She got super weirded out.. we hung out for an hour or so and then she left.. I tried to arrange a second date with her, she refused (I don't blame her tbh lol)
And I still think about her to this day.. everyday.. had a couple of one night stands and had sex with hooker once since (which for some reason gave me a panic attack NAKED that resulted in me not being able to get erect that night🥲 500$ bucks for the best vip service I couldn't receive)
My obsession with this girl reached a point where I'd rather be with no one, if I'm not gonna be with her.. I know it's creepy and fucked up.. I've never told anyone about the panic attack on that date.. not even my friends.. not even my therapist.. This is my first time shaaring this with anyone..
submitted by arax3450 to confessions [link] [comments]
2021.09.28 12:32 mattz6755 H: TSE15 assualtron head W: any legacy Tesla
2021.09.28 12:32 Tessia0710 Where to read Provocative Fiery Wife: My Superior is a Affectionate Spitfire - Chapter 1863 - Waiting For The Right Time online for free!!
|submitted by Tessia0710 to Octopii_Novels [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 Heflay I think it happened that way
|submitted by Heflay to GMEJungle [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 prawnbiryani 💗☁🍦🌸🧁🤍🦩
|submitted by prawnbiryani to 11hr11min [link] [comments]|
2021.09.28 12:32 StormBlazed76 A CG for Doki Doki Within Commissioned by u/BassPon3
|submitted by StormBlazed76 to DDLCMods [link] [comments]|